Many resource-limited agencies had to make some tough decisions over the last decade, choosing between having internal finance expertise or internal HR expertise. Often agencies chose to retain finance staff. It seems logical to assume that with fewer overall employees, agencies would need less HR staff – but cutting professional HR staff altogether is not the only, nor the best, option for reducing costs. Changes in employment law, FMLA/medical leaves, performance management, labor relations, affordable health care, and more can overwhelm the part-time generalist trying to manage personnel issues while serving the agency in another role.
RGS provides complete human resource management services to partner agencies, delivering director-level strategic and policy planning, as well as daily analyst-level employment, employee relations, and project services. Our HR partnerships begin with a complete assessment of current operations, identifying critical HR compliance issues and organizational priorities. This thorough assessment is followed by the delivery of ongoing services which include the development and implementation of a range of administrative systems and staff development to achieve compliance and meet organizational goals.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Providing qualifications-based recruitment and selection services.
- Recommending effective classification and compensation structures
- Conducting HR needs assessments, systems audits, and performance analysis.
- Delivering compliant administrative policy development and implementation.
- Managing complex cases of medical leave and accommodations
- Facilitating appropriate resolutions for misconduct issues
- Providing Labor relations services, including meet and confer process
- Developing performance accountability systems
- Coaching staff to provide effective metrics and feedback
To discuss your project need, contact:
Deputy Executive Director, Client Services