Join RGS for our Organizational Culture, Conflict, and Change Webinar Series in May 2023!
Leadership is the act of influencing others. As such, leadership can come from any level in the organization. Leaders in your agency play a critical role in establishing/maintaining organizational culture, acting as champions for change, and facilitating the resolution of differences. During this webinar series we will explore all three of these topics and provide you with tips to successfully navigate challenges in the current environment.
Our webinar series in May 2023, is open to all leadership levels and consists of three 90-minute webinars designed to help leaders experiencing cultural shifts, the need to adapt to a new environment and skills to facilitate the resolution of conflicts that can come with change.
- Webinar 1: Organizational Culture Matters, Wednesday, May 3, 10:00am – 11:30am
- Webinar 2: The Skilled Change Agent, Wednesday, May 10, 10:00am – 11:30am
- Webinar 3: Resolving Differences, Wednesday, May 17, 10:00am – 11:30am
RGS webinars are not typical “sit and listen” experiences. They are live, instructor-led courses, with multiple opportunities for interaction, asking questions, and getting feedback on individual situations.
Each webinar costs $99. Enjoy a reduced package rate of $250 when you sign up for all three webinars!
All webinars in the series are nearing capacity. Contact Yolanda Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.587.7300, ext. 53 for more information.
Webinar 1: Organizational Culture Matters, Wednesday, May 3, 10:00am – 11:30am
Ninety-four percent of executives and 88% of employees believe a strong culture matters (Deloitte). Many of us work in a strong culture, but we’re not so sure it is the “right” culture. In this session, you will gain tools to assess your agency culture, identify strengths, and strategize how to mitigate weaknesses. We will discuss your role in creating and maintaining a positive environment, as well as how to engage and involve your staff.
Key areas we will touch on during this session include:
- How culture influences your employees’ behavior.
- Core beliefs that underlie culture.
- The role of stories in shaping your agency’s culture.
- Strategies for engaging and involving employees.
Webinar 2: The Skilled Change Agent, Wednesday, May 10, 10:00am – 11:30am
Change is inevitable. In this session we will focus on your role as a change agent, and how you can develop skills in countering resistance to change and implementing strategies to build involvement, commitment and buy-in from those around you.
Twenty years ago, the Internet was in its infancy; five years ago, “Alexa” was created. Ten years ago smart phones didn’t exist; two years ago, over 2/3 of the world’s population used a smart phone to make purchases. The rate of change is accelerating and most of us are scrambling to keep up. Developing a clear strategy and implementation plan for change are key skills for today’s leaders.
In this session, we will:
- Consider all elements included in an effective change strategy.
- Increase your awareness of resistance to change and how to counter it.
- Identify strategies to build involvement, commitment, and buy-in.
- Understand what it takes to successfully manage the impact of change on your staff.
Webinar 3: Resolving Differences, Wednesday, May 17, 10:00am – 11:30am
Different viewpoints and tensions in the workplace are inevitable, particularly when undergoing a change effort. Unresolved conflict stalls the change effort, stifles communication and can negatively impact productivity. Managed well, disputes can create stronger connections, resilience, and increased capacity to deal with difficulty. When disputes are handled poorly, the effects can be far-reaching and costly.
In this session participants will:
- Discover personal success practices and challenges in handling differences.
- Practice key communications that prevent unnecessary conflict.
- Learn how to keep the focus on what’s important not on competing fixed positions.
- Understand how to intervene when there is conflict at work.
- See how leaders can act as mediators to help staff solve issues.