RGS created local government leadership Academies in response to our work with over 250 local government agencies. RGS sought to help public agencies address loss of leadership expertise, lack of succession planning solutions, and incomplete talent pipelines.
Our Academies are designed to:
- Incorporate trends and needs across all the local government agencies with whom we have worked.
- Leverage our Trainers’ experience in local government to deliver meaningful and engaging content.
- Utilize a variety of learning modes, including interactive processes, role-playing, and team coaching to support growth and skills training.
- Facilitate the sharing of attendee ideas and experience to get well-rounded perspectives on responses to leadership and agency challenges.
- Create live, interactive virtual training sessions with opportunities to participate and engage with our Trainers and other agency participants.
Since our creation in 2014, RGS Training & Development has trained over 900 supervisors, managers, leads, and senior-level employees from over 100 local government agencies. Positive feedback and re-referrals from host agencies, agency staff, and attendees have allowed us to grow organically. RGS has incorporated feedback from attendees, hosts, and Training/HR professionals to keep our content up-to-date and relevant.
- Getting Work Done Through People
- Engaging Employees to Create a Positive & Productive Workforce
- Exploring the Many Roles of Supervisors/Managers
- Identifying Leadership Levels
- Building Power and Influence
- Communicating Effectively as a Leader
- Conducting Difficult Workplace Conversations
- Leading Proactively
- Creating a Culture of Accountability
- Managing Performance
- Coaching for Success
Additional benefits of virtual learning include elimination of travel costs, delivering content more quickly, ensuring delivery of consistent information across dispersed locations, and improving employee engagement. These benefits make virtual training a critical resource for today's local government agencies that struggle with to manage COVID-19 impacts as well as limited resources and time.
To get more information about our Academies, or request a quote for a custom Academy, contact Richard Oppenheim at 650-587-7313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.