New for 2021:
CFRA Guidebook: Protected Medical Leave for Small Public Agencies
California Family Rights Act 2021
Regional Government Services (RGS) administers a comprehensive disability and leave management program designed to assess relevant medical and job information, analyze each case based on specific situational information, and provide effective recommendations leading to resolution. On-call disability and leave management services are available in all cases when a medical provider is treating an employee who is unable to work due to a temporary or permanent disability.
RGS Disability and Leave Management Advisors have extensive experience and expertise in:
- Obtaining and applying key medical information to manage protected leave and arrive at lawful employment outcomes.
- Conducting interactive process meetings.
- Providing all stakeholders with appropriate noticing, structure, and documentation of the interactive process in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) requirements..
- Analyzing both the organization’s and the employee’s situational factors.
- Advising affected employees and management on appropriate employment outcomes and resolutions consistent with leave entitlements, ADA, and FEHA, as well as with any pension system contract, labor agreement, or other relevant local policy or regulation.
- Reviewing and designing effective temporary or permanent work modifications.
- Facilitating new or transitional duty assignments.
- In cases of work-related injury, RGS Advisors will facilitate employment resolutions in cooperation with the workers’ compensation claims adjuster to the extent possible.
Where a return to work on any basis is not possible, RGS Advisors may also offer expert consultative guidance on options available to resolve the employment relationship including the processes necessary to implement the selected option.
RGS’ Disability and Leave Management Team offers an immediate and flexible solution to your complex disability and leave management needs.
If you have any questions or wish to initiate an agreement, please feel free to contact Lead Advisor Deborah Muchmore at (650) 587-7317 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.